Fabricated Motorsports

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

~~~

Author Topic: Back to basics clinic. Classroom 8-4-2012 and Mineral Wells Drift Day 8-5-2012.  (Read 1818 times)

aaronlosey

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Back to Basics Clinic weekend. 

As cars and drivers have been progressing lately in Texas, we have been trying to cater to them as much and as fast as possible.  This includes the Lone Star Drift Series which is a points race to the 2013 Formula Drift season, as well as more advanced classroom settings where we gave you a chance to pick the brains of Matt Powers and Autocomp Marty.  This is all awesome, but for the first weekend of August we will be getting back to the roots of drifting and trying to gets some new people up to speed.  We will be covering the very basics of what a drift car is, what drifting is, how to drift, the techniques used, etc.  Unlike some of the more advanced topics we have been covering lately, I have this stuff down without question, and can easily and concisely get it across.  This isn't black magic pro drifting, this is good down to earth stuff which is easy to teach!  We will be doing an air-conditioned indoor classroom session on the 4th, and on the 5th we will be doing a practice drift day and clinic out at Mineral Wells Airport.

--------

8-4-2012 Indoor Drift Clinic Day

Where:  TBA location in Fort Worth, Tx

When:  Noon until 5 pm

Who:  Anyone can come, but you must RSVP by texting me @ 210-269-4071 or PMing me on the FM forum

What:  Beginners guide to drifting, covering everything up to and possibly including tandem.

Instructors:  Aaron Losey and Stewart Leask.  Both Aaron ( ME ) and Stew are very seasoned and experienced drivers who have about 10 years of drifting experience at this point, with over a thousand tires burned off between them.  Both have been licensed by Formula Drift, and competed in several national drift series.

Cost:  Just a smile

--------

8-5-2012 Practice Drift Day and Clinic at Mineral Wells Airport

Where:  Mineral Wells Airport, Mineral Wells, TX

When:  9 am to 6 pm

Who:  Anyone can come to drift, but we will be teaching that day for anyone that wants to partake.

Instructors:  Aaron Losey and Stewart Leask.  I can add more instructors if you want to be a part of the event.

Cost:  50 at the gate for driving, instructing is free.  However, to secure an instructor for the day you must reserve a spot by PMing me in advance so I have an instructor for you.  I am pairing 2-3 students per instructor so the students get lots of one on one time.  In order to have the correct number of instructors on hand, I need to know the correct amount of students, so please, reserve a spot as soon as possible.  That does not require prepayment, just a message to me that you want a spot.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:50:00 AM by aaronlosey »

mikee36

• View Profile

Bruce

• View Profile
    • Facebook

I will be doing this and driving on Sunday (if I can get tires together for the Volvo and some other work done). Really looking forward to driving again
Drifting is a habit... Get like me!!!

RotaDrifta69

• View Profile

Sure wish I could make this :/ Hopefully I can make the GGP event!
Need OEM Toyota/Scion Parts?
Fred Haas Toyota Country
Andrew Chartrand
Retail/Wholesale Parts Sales
281-374-5202

noey_240sx

• View Profile

Zenkistatus

• View Profile

May actually come to this just I hate long drives lol need all the help I can get

aaronlosey

• Administrator
    • View Profile

The classroom session on Saturday will be located at 1914 fairmount ave in fort worth.

mikee36

• View Profile

Had a blast, thanks to Aaron and Stu for instructing. It was awesome and tons of seat time. I wanted to work more on that ending of the course but ran out of tires. :(

-Mike

aaronlosey

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Thanks for coming out everyone, it was a fun laid back weekend : )

We had a full day of classroom time that was very relaxed and informative ( I hope! ), and then we went out to Mineral Wells for what I thought was going to be a sedate day of teaching and not much happening.  Then the Chasers showed up, and everything got awesome!

Josh Buckley was driving the red JZX90, which belongs to Anthony from Longview.  Stew was piloting the purple JZX100 which belongs to Cody from Houston.  I was riding shot gun.  The tandem was exciting for both the eye balls as it was for the ears.  The screaming JZ motors were awesome, with big single turbos whistling and big baller wheels spinning.  I can't believe what a good driver Josh has become, since he was basically taught on the streets by the late Tyler Cox.  All in all it was a really fun day, with a few other cars jumping in the tandem mix, and lots of dudes learning the ropes about car control.  Hopefully everyone had fun, I know I did!

RotaDrifta69

• View Profile

Awesome! I can't wait for the Round 3 class.
Need OEM Toyota/Scion Parts?
Fred Haas Toyota Country
Andrew Chartrand
Retail/Wholesale Parts Sales
281-374-5202

fivehunsky

• View Profile

Chasers.. oh Hai
something to consider...

This sport needs more participation, not more build threads.