Fabricated Motorsports

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

~~~

Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Houston, TX. 6-5-2011 GGP practice day drift event, front lot!! : )  (Read 9189 times)

aaronlosey

• Administrator
    • View Profile

Here is the home thread for all this on it's home forum.
http://www.fabricatedmotorsports.com/forum/index.php?topic=2502.msg33170#msg33170

On June 5th 2011 we will have a practice day on the front lot of GGP!  This is not a comp.

$75 to drift
$5 to spectate.  Kids under 12 are free.

You must register online by June 1st by paypaling the 75 plus 3% to erinshill at gmail.com.  All registrations after that date will be punished by a 25 dollar late fee, just to make everyone do it on time!  Don't pay the late fee, just pay it by the correct date : )

Drivers meeting is at 9:45, drivers should get there at 9 am.  Spectators can get there whenever they want, but generally a little closer to 10:30 am.  We close down a bit before dark.

Normal rules apply.  Convertibles need a roll bar at the least to drive.  All cars that wish to tandem must have full cages.  Cages are not required if you just want to play without tandem.  Instructors available for helping you get around the track and learn some sweet new moves.  Cars need a muffler of some type, or failing that, can't be crazy loud.  No stupid loud NA KA cars which are too loud to stand, same with crazy loud NA rotaries.  If your car is bearably loud it isn't a problem, but remember this is a dog track, and if it is crazy loud, just borrow a muffler from someone or something so you can drive.

This is just a fun practice event, so come out and play with us.  If you are a spectator, you are very welcome to ride along in the drivers cars, just bring a helmet and smile : )

-------

Here is some media from our last GGP event.

See pictures here in Sy Pham's gallery of Round 1 pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fbx/?set=a.10150106110815957.280517.694730956

Blog post from Apexusablog on the Round 1.

http://www.apexusblog.com/2011/03/texas-lone-star-drift-season-round-1/

Cinema Toast's coverage of Round 1.

« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 03:57:03 PM by aaronlosey »

BOXCAR

• View Profile
Re: Houston, TX. 6-5-2011 GGP practice day drift event, front lot!! : )
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 04:56:23 PM »

Oh good, i was hungry.

bourngoofy89

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2011, 05:07:55 PM »

hahaha cube on the flyer! nice

i drift volvos

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2011, 08:19:06 PM »

I should REALLY move to Texas :(

1986 Volvo 245 v8 drift project

ZachTriggs

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2011, 01:29:12 AM »

sweet. I'll be there watching.

RurouniMidnight

• ✝✝✝✝✝✝
    • View Profile

Nice, just in time for summer.

i drift volvos

• View Profile

Back at ya homie. The arkansas scene is not existent. I posted the Oklahoma event on a few sites and got no responses or just people making fun of it. Really the Oklahoma event isn't too far away from me, the major cities in Arkansas are about the same distance. But I seriously learn so much at the texas events it's ridiculous.....need to come to a mineral wells event. I would love to find a local place I could rent on the low to practice though.

1986 Volvo 245 v8 drift project

79zoom

• View Profile

hey i would love more info! i have a 1995 rx7 that i was told is pushing about 780 whp... about the instructor? i only know a few things about drifting and ive only drifted like 6 or 7 times. would the instructor help me or should i find a way to practice before hand. i have a cage muffler and everything that is required, just running low on knowledge. and do you have any worries about this car participating.... and ik u said no loud rotaries. it has a supra 2jr in it so no worries on that

im just wanting to get involved and this looks like a good way to start :)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2011, 01:33:43 PM by 79zoom »

79zoom

• View Profile

any info from anybody is appreciated :)) thankyou!!!

Ryan

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 02:12:43 PM »

Bring a helmet, some spare wheels/tires and some basic tools. You should be fine. There will be someone who can point you in the right direction if not Aaron himself.

79zoom

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 02:30:15 PM »

Thankyou!!     I'll be there

D Money

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 05:24:06 PM »

780hp? drifting?

79zoom

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 10:06:59 PM »

Is that bad?

Bruce

• View Profile
    • Facebook
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 01:39:13 PM »

Turn the boost down and you should be set man. You wanna get that car down to a maximum of like 500whp for it to be a fun drift car. With 780hp, you can drift, but you won't enjoy it because all you are gonna be doing is spinning your tires and not going anywhere with it.  Now the car sounds like it would be a lot of fun for straight-line stuff, but for drifting not sooo much, unless you can bring down the power a bit. I think that is what D-money is gonna get at because when i first got into drifting, i was wanting to build an 800hp monster, but thanks to a good friend with great knowledge of drifting, informed me that it was a bad idea to have that much power and that 500hp was close to the maximum amount of power that i would want
Drifting is a habit... Get like me!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4